Keeping the house clean and organized is essential to the well-being of the whole family. It has a lot of advantages more than we can imagine, and it affects our overall health more than we know. Why do we need to keep our house tidy? What can we benefit from keeping all our things well-organized?
Mothers are in charge of keeping the household manageable. She must make sure that the family is living happily and comfortably without having to worry about any danger or unpleasant atmosphere inside the house.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Clean House?
- A well-maintained house prevents viruses and bacteria from spreading all over. The children will not be prone to infections such as cough and colds. When there are too much clutter and unpleasant odor, insects tend to get inside the house also.
- Cleanliness creates a more relaxing place for the whole family. It diffuses stress and therefore gives positivity. When you get home from a long tiring day at work or school, would you want to go to a tidy or a messy house?
- The less clutter in the house, the more opportunity to think brighter and better. There is more chance to be at peace to review during exams and ponder on things such as new projects or significant life decisions. “It can be hard to feel good if you are surrounded by clutter and disorganization, or if you feel unsafe in your environment.” Marjie L. Roddick, MA, NCC, LMHC said.
- When everything is well-organized, it is easier to find stuff. You know exactly where to look for an item. When your stuff is piled up, you may hesitate to look for a missing thing because you would probably think you wouldn’t find it there.
- “Meditation is not just relaxing, but to be keenly aware of the present moment while not interfering with mental activities that revolve around our little self,” says Andrea F. Polard, PsyD. Sometimes, you just want just to relax, read a book, and have some cup of coffee. It is better to spend your peacetime in a place that doesn’t cause your mind to be messy and irritable.
- When the house is tidy, you can think more about how you want to arrange the furniture and decorate the walls. You can envision how you want your home to be.
- When everyone is comfortable at home, they would want to stay in the house rather than elsewhere. Some people go out to get away from the toxic environment at home, but when everything is clean and organized, the home will be a haven for all the members of the family.
What Are The Simple Ways You Can Keep Your House Clean?
- Throw away all the stuff you don’t need. Avoid keeping things just because you think you may use it in the future. Observe minimalism.
- Always keep the bathroom clean and germ-free. Have your cleaning basket which consists of gloves, brush, soap, disinfectant. Your toilet doesn’t need to smell like a toilet. As much as possible, your bathroom should have the most pleasant smell in the house.
- Buy an air freshener or a home humidifier to keep the whole house scented. Any foul odor can cause an irritable mood for everyone.
- Have a place for everything. Purchase plastic organizers or baskets and label them according to their use. It is best to have storage for all the wires and other stuff that cause so much clutter.
- Have a box for all the toys. If your household has toddlers, chances are toys are scattered everywhere. Make sure to have separate storages and label them according to the toys. You can separate the cars from toy guns, rc cars, legos, etc.
A clean and tidy house is excellent for our overall health. It keeps us away from seasonal colds and other viral diseases, and it also creates a well-balanced environment which is great for our mental health. Mothers, or whoever is in charge of the household, should always make sure that making the house a comfortable place to live in is their number one priority. Because Deborah Khoshaba Psy.D. said, “If your intention is to live a meaningful and healthy life, you will make decisions that support this intention, and feel good about yourself when you succeed in this purpose.”